Thursday, September 25, 2008

PROFILE 3 - feat. DONNA WALROND

Welcome to PROFILE


Name? Donna Walrond

Age? 31

PF: Where are you from?
DW:
Barbados


PF: Where do you live now?
DW:
Bed Stuy


PF: Occupation?
DW:
Business owner (Brooklyn Take Out Taxi & Cleaning Brooklyn)

PF: Why BedStuy?
DW:
Love it. 6 years ago when I was looking for an apartment I was on a budget seeing that I was pregnant with my 1st son, so our 3 bedroom apartment here was the cheapest thing that I found for my money. Now, almost 6 years later, I am glad that I came, and I plan on staying a long time.


PF: Finish this sentence -- I am passionate about...
DW:
Giving, I would give away my last dime.


PF: Finish this sentence -- I'm not just a...
DW: mother, I am a mom.

PF: Transport one thing to Bedstuy, from any place in the world what would it be? & why:
DW:
a movie theater


PF: Remove one thing from Bedstuy, what would it be? & why:
DW:
All the negative vibes that we get from our neighbors.

PF: Finish this sentence: I can help my community grow by...
DW:
encouraging the youth to stay strong and positive.

PF: How do you relax?:
DW: I don’t.

PF: Who do you most admire?
DW:
I can’t say that I admire anyone more than myself. I was raised by my grandmother until I was 9 years old, and she was the only person in life that I ever admired. She died 5.5 years ago.


PF: What's the one thing your grateful for?:
DW:
my strength

For more information about Donna Walrond businesses, please check out
www.brooklyntakeouttaxi.com & www.cleaningbrooklyn.com

No comments: