Thursday, February 19, 2009

ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS?


Hold the New York Post

accountable

The New York Post recently published the political cartoon shown here, depicting two white police officers standing over the carcass of a bullet-riddled chimpanzee, with the animal representing the author of the stimulus package.

The decision to run this cartoon was irresponsible at best, and hurtful and malicious at worst. It seems unthinkable that an editor of a newspaper would not understand the history of Black folks being depicted as monkeys and apes or the recent spate of death threats against President Obama. Worse, when confronted, Post editor Col Allan dismissed people's concerns as baseless.

Join us in demanding that The Post issue an apology for the decision and their callousness, and fire the editor who allowed this cartoon to go to print. www.ColorOfChange.org

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my thoughts are...people are people. nothing shocks me anymore.

Anonymous said...

Well Michelle Obama (The First Lady) is on the cover of Vogue Magazine this month, so, "SUCK IT - NY POST".

Anonymous said...

I say get over it. A black family is in the white house now just let it go

Anonymous said...

Just don't buy the post anymore. I know the store next to the cleaners on Stuyvesant btwn Decatur and MacDonough St is still selling the post, maybe we shouldn't buy from them until they stop ordering the post

Anonymous said...

whoever the artist is should be fired along with the editor.

My name is Dave and I approve this message

Anonymous said...

Ok so the post apologized for their stupid comic ad that they thought was funny...NOTE!!! Coming from Starbucks this morning I notice that Rihannas battered face was plastered big as day on the front page...I thought, ok -- everyone knows kind of what happened but the post needs to tread very lightly.

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! I just bought the post because of an article someone told me about. Never again!

Anonymous said...

I wrote about this on my blog last week. I'm a writer/musician in Stuyvesant Heights.

http://www.andrewjimenez.com/oneaday/?p=103