Monday, August 18, 2008

WELCOME TO PROFILE

So, I'm sure after living in BedStuy for a week, a month, a few years or your entire life, you start to see some of the same people strolling around...riding their bike, skateboarding, pushing a stroller, sitting on stoops etc...

Riding the A/C train I sometimes run into the same people, I have a tendency to wonder, "where is she or he going"? "What does he do for a living"? "Everytime I see those two, they always have shopping bags". "Ah, they live in that brownstone" blah blah blah.


Welp, I figure it's time to start profiling our neighbors... 1st up is , Celina - a really cool and talented young lady. I met
Celina in front of her stoop on a beautiful day setting up clothes for one of her stoop sales...here's a tip ladies -- If you walk down Stuyvesant Ave on any givin' Sunday and you see Celina setting up for a stoop sale...stop n shop - you'll walk away with some really cool pieces.

Welcome to PROFILE


Name: Celina Martinez

Age: 27

Where are you from?: Dallas Texas

Where do you live now?: Stuyvesant Ave, BedStuy
Brooklyn

Occupation: Art Director, I create ad campaigns for
for brands like - Home Depot & L’Oreal

I am passionate about:
Design/ Paris and Jamaica/
Dancing / Trader Joe’s/ Shoes/ LIFE!!!

Why BedStuy? The trees that grow...

Finish this sentence -- I’m not just:
another art
director/ Designer in NYC, I am taking over.

Transport one thing to BedStuy, from any
place in the world what would it be? & why:

Waffle House = pecan pancakes. It’s 24 hours, and the waitresses
call you “Sugar”

Remove one thing from Bedstuy, what would it be? & why: Over priced rent, need I say more?

Finish this sentence--I can help my community
grow by:
Contributing what I know and my time.

How do you relax?:
Beach / Book.

Who do you most admire?:
Malcom X, a great teacher,
and an even GREATER student.

What's the one thing your grateful for?:
My awareness

To view Celina's work check out: www.celinaworks.com (see Celina in the Design section of this site)
* background art in photo is from Celina's website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PUT ONNN

Anonymous said...

luv the bkground, a lil bite more than the reg. meet your neighbor thing happening on a lot of blog sites. KOOL

Anonymous said...

I've seen her before, i bought a shirt from her. cool photo

Anonymous said...

Waffle House, transport anything from another place and she said waffle house. don't get it