Friday, June 13, 2008

Stuyvesant Heights Quality Of Life
Presents

"The Triangle"


For some time now, I’ve been thinking to myself...something
needs to change about this waisted space. I’m speaking about,
“the triangle” at the end of fulton park at the intersection of , lewis
ave, fulton street and chauncey street.

About six months ago I took a trip to D.U.M.B.O brooklyn and noticed
what used to be an outside “triangle” parking area, this space has been
transformed into a beautiful green space -- equipped with potted plants,
trees, table and chairs. “that’s cool” I thought. Many other cities, states
and countries have turned what i call, “waisted space” into more eco
friendly, green spaces... this has been going on for years. Finally, this
idea has moved into our area...which is great!!!

-Best,
Chris McDowell
Stuyvesant Heights Association President



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I feel the positive energy surrounding it! thank you for being so instrumental in this and other factors in our community. Let's hear it for our new prez!

stuyheightshoyas! said...

We think the idea of the site is a great one! We will definitely check it regularly. As homeowners in the 'hood, it will serve as a good way of getting up to speed.

With regards to the "waisted space" what steps need to be taken to be its transformation? It would be great to have a space that gradually changes with the seasons.

Wellness Center Staff said...

You cannot imagine how happy it made me to see this change when I walked the dog.

What I've been working on the folks who run Oz hardware on MXB to consider is opening a seasonal nursery in Bed Stuy. They have their nursery license already, its just a matter of space and interest. I can't think of a single neighborhood in brooklyn with more passionate gardeners, and we're relegated to trucking our local dollars to redhook nurseries or the big box stores. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a nursery right here?

Holly (The one wearing the pants with dirty knees :)

Karenga said...

Yes! I was thinking of 'greening' that space about a year ago myself. It wiell serve as a great buffer/entry point to the neighborhood and it went up in less than two days. Thanks for the pics as well.

looche said...

Wow! Great Job with the website and the posts. Readers, I can assure you that the person running this site wants to see everyone, new comers and current residents, contribute to all good things to come.